Saturday, September 1, 2012

IRRI - week ending 1 Sept

A quiet week overall, but with a few migrants trickling through. Only one Long-toed Stint remained with the Wood Sandpipers, but a Black-winged Stilt stayed for a few days, and a Pacific Golden Plover was present on Saturday. A surprise bird on the same day was a Long-tailed Shrike right outside the IRRI offices, they are normally in the drier paddies. 

Female Painted Snipe
Black-winged Stilt
Cinnamon Bittern
Long-tailed Shrike
Female Barred Buttonquail
Pacific Golden Plover
White-breasted Waterhen

4 comments:

  1. Bonitas y variadas capturas de estas aves.Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo of the snipe!
    Lyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting, I will be visiting the Philippines for 3 months. I will be there from end of Nov until Feb '13. I am hoping to get out birding a few times while I am there. I will be staying in Bauang with my partner's family.

    Alfred

    ReplyDelete